Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join and lead a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of our millions of customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will supervise and motivate a work team to achieve team objectives, including meeting the company's standards of production and quality while maintaining applicable turnaround times and standards. You will lead by example with a positive attitude and demonstrate the fundamentals of being a team player.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Clinical Admin Supervisor, Home Infusion - Intake
Ensure a timely acknowledgement and response to all authorization documents received providing appropriate feedback to address processing issues
- Administer the process for handling authorizations received from non-participating providers
- Respond to provider inquiries that have been received by the escalation and case resolution department in a timely manner
- Communicate with provider and / or office staff, various health plans administered and/or other employees to research and verify information provided on authorization documents when appropriate using a professional, courteous and cheerful manner
- Supervise the process for accurate additions of new patients to the patient database
- Facilitate team staff meetings in order to review and implement processes that allow for smooth and efficient operations
- Review with management individualized reports reflecting daily production and quality in order to accurately measure and monitor predetermined company, position and individual goals
- Work together with all staff members, as well as other departments, to resolve issues and assist each other
- Ability to multi - task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Willing to work and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to execute own assignments under direction of experienced staff
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Flexible to change
- Responsive to management's requests and suggestion; takes direction
- Develops goals for self and monitors progress
- Seeks assistance as appropriate
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems
- Completes assignments thoroughly, accurately and on time
- Demonstrates the potential for development of strong written and verbal communication skills
- Persists at tasks and maintains high energy level
- Listens effectively
- Seeks additional job responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
- Demonstrates basic analytical skills
- Orientation towards team environment
High School Diploma / GED
1+ years of Leadership experience
3+ years of Customer Service experience
Intermediate (or higher) level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
Associates or Bachelor's Degree
Managed Care experience in a Care Coordination role
Call Center experience
Experience supervising remote employees
Experience with Home Infusion Intake and Benefit Verification
Knowledge of Home Infusion Codes
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our internal Job Posting, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: insurance verifications, benefit verifications, prior authorizations, acute, home infusion, patient services, manager, customer service, Havertown, PA, Pennsylvania.