Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
There may be easier administrative jobs out there, but few offer the satisfaction of truly helping people manage their personal health and well-being. UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive and memorable. If you're the kind of person who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, find out more.
- Respond to Incoming Provider and Enrollee calls
- Resolve customer service inquiries
- Assist with faxes and emails
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Handle pre - authorization calls for upcoming surgeries, hospital admissions, imaging and therapy, etc.
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher - level tasks
- Other duties as assigned by manager and / or director
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer issues and concerns
- Previous experience working in a call center or contact center
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send emails), Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets)
- Computer experience including, but not limited to, ability to learn new computer system applications
- Comfortable working Monday through Friday from 10:30 am to 7:00 pm CST or 11:30 am to 8:00 pm CST
- Data Entry experience
- Previous Clinical or Healthcare experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Richardson, TX, Clinical, Administrative, Healthcare, UMR