Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
There may be easier administrative jobs out there, but few offer the satisfaction of truly helping people manage their personal health and well-being. UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive and memorable. If you're the kind of person who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, find out more.
Primary Responsibilities:Respond to incoming provider and enrollee callsResolve customer service inquiriesAssist with faxes and emailsModerate work experience within own functionSome work is completed without established proceduresBasic tasks are completed without review by othersHandle pre - authorization calls for upcoming surgeries, hospital admissions, imaging and therapy, etc.Supervision / guidance is required for higher - level tasksOther duties as assigned by manager and / or director
Required Qualifications:Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer issues and concerns
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send emails), Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents)
- Computer experience including, but not limited to, ability to learn new computer system applications
- Comfortable working Monday through Friday from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm EST or 10:30 am to 7:00 pm EST
- Data Entry experience
- Previous Clinical or Healthcare experience
- Previous experience working in a call center or contact center
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Tonawanda, NY, Clinical, Administrative, Healthcare, UMR