Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high - quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Positions in this function include more traditional administrative / clerical support roles including: answering the telephone, typing / word processing of documents, maintaining calendars and setting up meetings, making travel arrangements, copying, faxing, greeting visitors, setting up files, tracking expenses, coordinating building and equipment maintenance. You will learn to assist with the onboarding of new staff. As well as supporting the Managers and the Clinical Care Managers in the field. This includes ordering supplies, Data Entry and troubleshooting computer issues. At senior levels, function may include supervision of other clerical / administrative staff.
- Administrative intake of members or managing the admission / discharge information post - notification, working with hospitals and the clinical team
- Manage the referrals process, processes incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to both Providers and Enrollees
- Extract and review fax requests for medical or clinical services
- Access electronic member files using policy or id number
- Determine member eligibility
- Follow protocols to task requests appropriately
- Check procedure codes against notification requirements and benefit coverage to determine next steps
- Reference automated job aid tools via the computer to identify appropriate procedures when needed
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance
- Maintain Confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA Requirements
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence via hard copy or email
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- Ability to create, edit, save and send documents using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- 25 WPM typing / data entry skills
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid
- Working Knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Ability to sustain concentration to enter waivers for extended periods of time
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Dublin, OH, customer service, healthcare, administrative, clerical