Our Clinical Administrative Coordinator teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
In this position you will receive and review routine pre - service authorization requests from providers submitted via a provider portal, fax, or paper submissions for chiropractic, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and / or speech therapy services. You will process these requests referencing job aides and standard policies and procedures to research relevant rules, regulations, or client - specific requirements. You will be responsible for determining whether authorizations and / or referrals are required for requested services and ensuring required documentation has been provided. You may need to access and review electronic history and notes on previous member and / or provider requests. You will be required to document applicable actions taken on a submission to ensure the request history is captured for future reference. You may be required to generate provider responses and ensure they are delivered to the mail room for further handling. Throughout the day you will be navigating between multiple computer screens to perform these job duties. You must know how to prioritize and meet deadlines. You must be able to work with others as part of a team. You may also be responsible for transferring patient and provider demographic information and UM determinations from one application to another to ensure proper reimbursement.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working with Microsoft Word (create / edit documents, work within templates, create lists)
- 1+ years of experience working with Microsoft Excel (data entry, sorting, filtering, create tables / charts / graphs)
- 1+ years of experience utilizing the Internet
- Comfortable working an 8 - hour shift ranging from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook (script professional emails, create tasks, update calendar)
- Healthcare or healthcare insurance experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Data entry experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.