- Assists the Medical Management team with communicating transition of care services for members; obtaining medical records, processing referrals and scheduling appointments, diagnostic services and arranging transportation.
- Generates and creates referrals to health plan programs and outpatient services; Care Management, Health Education & Wellness, Home Health Care, Durable Medical Equipment, Prior Authorization, eligibility and transition of care programs.
- Accesses multiple hospitals based electronic systems for the purpose of ensuring accurate patient admission information, i.e., diagnosis, patient demographics and census reconciliation.
- Data entry of patient level of care and other case related information, at the direction of the clinical team.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of experience in a healthcare facility, medical office, hospital or managed care setting
- Ability to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Comfortable traveling 25% locally from one hospital to another
- Experience as a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant
- Experience with EMR
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Las Vegas, NV, customer service, healthcare, telephonic, patient interaction, field based, advocacy