Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Millions of people place their trust in the clinicians and care givers on our expanding global team. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of those we serve while building our competencies and knowledge. Work with us and you’ll discover a passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s helping to drive the health care industry forward.
At AxelaCare, part of the OptumRx family and a leading provider of home infusion solutions, we are improving care and reducing costs by integrating information and services on behalf of those we serve. Together, we are expanding the ability to deliver the best care to the growing number of consumers managing complex conditions through at-home infusions.
- The Clinical Administrative Coordinator is responsible for preparing and managing paperwork and documentation for billing and collections
- The Prior Authorization Coordinator is responsible for obtaining prior authorization or pre-certification of services to be rendered as required by each individual payor
- The Patient Care Coordinator will provide support to the pharmacy, nursing and reimbursement departments, performing as the liaison between patient, pharmacy and nursing to effectively carry out physician's order to infusion
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 6+ months of professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- 1+ years of telephonic customer service experience
- Experience working with healthcare insurance
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) with the ability to create edit and save
- Comfortable working an 8-hour shift between 7:00 am - 8:00 pm Monday - Friday with OT and weekends possible based on business needs
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Experience working with Medicare and or Medicaid services
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office, or Medical clinical setting
- Experience working with ICD-9 / 10 and CPT codes
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Lenexa, Customer Service, Healthcare, telephonic, benefits, advocacy, AxelaCare, Patient Care, Prior Authorization