Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
There may be easier administrative jobs out there, but few offer the satisfaction of truly helping people manage their personal health and well - being. UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive and memorable. If you're the kind of person who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, find out more.
- Ensuring all letters comply with all applicable State and Federal Laws and Consent Decrees, as well as the Accrediting Regulatory Review Agencies, including but not limited to: CMS, NCQA, HIPAA, and all UHC Policies and Procedures
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance
- Drafting of NOA / NOE letters for government and Commercial Specific clients
- Responsible for ensuring the letter documentation meets client, regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Knowledge of the State and Federal regulations concerning the services and benefits
- Must demonstrate understanding of the program by selecting the correct letter template
- Other duties as assigned by manager and / or director
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of professional experience in an office / customer service environment
- 1+ years of professional experience in clerical or administrator work
- 1+ years of experience with medical terminology
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send emails), Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), and Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets)
- Computer proficiency including, but not limited to, ability to learn new computer system applications
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift Tuesday through Saturday (Tuesday - Friday the schedule will be 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Saturdays the schedule will be 6:00 am - 3:00 pm.) and work overtime if there is a business need
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties, or 2+ years of Customer Service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry, Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting, Medical Terminology, ICD - 9 and CPT codes, Medicare and / or Medicaid Services, call center environment
- Healthcare or Insurance Benefits experience
- Experience in a Medical Office Billing or Medical Assistant / Clerk
- Experience with production of NOA / NOE Letters
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial programs
- Ability to multi - task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Honolulu, Hawaii, Healthcare, Clinical, Administrative