Millions of people place their trust in the clinicians and care givers on our expanding global team. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of those we serve while building our competencies and knowledge. Work with us and you’ll discover a passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s helping to drive the health care industry forward.
- The Clinical Administrative Coordinator is responsible for preparing and managing paperwork and documentation for billing and collections
- The Prior Authorization Coordinator is responsible for obtaining prior authorization or pre - certification of services to be rendered as required by each individual payor
- The Patient Care Coordinator will provide support to the pharmacy, nursing and reimbursement departments, performing as the liaison between patient, pharmacy and nursing to effectively carry out physician's order to infusion
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of experience working in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word (ability to create documents,) Microsoft Excel (ability to create and use spreadsheets), and Microsoft Outlook (ability to check email, send email and spell check)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Comfortable working an 8 - hour shift between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday with possible weekends
- Prior Benefits verification knowledge / experience
- Home infusion, DME, or Pharmacy experience
- Intake / Insurance experience
- Medical billing or coding experience
- Experience with Medicaid and / or Medicare
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Lenexa, Customer Service, Healthcare, telephonic, benefits, advocacy, AxelaCare, Patient Care, Prior Authorization