Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we'll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have a chance to make an impact.
The Clinical Admin Coordinators provides administrative support to our partners in Clinical Operations. Position involves frequent interaction with Care Advocates, Admin. Call Teams and Optum MDs. The position is highly customer-service oriented and requires some clinical knowledge in addition to technical skills. The Clinical Admin Coordinator is mindful of licensure and regulatory requirements while monitoring turnaround time requirements.
- Outreaches Facility UR to arrange Peer Reviews.
- Assures cases are scheduled with appropriately licensed MD based on regulatory requirements within expected turnaround times.
- Follows-up with external review agency to ensure any new reports are obtained if initial reports show inaccuracies.
- Documents external review report in member chart. Assures sign off of external review report by internal MD within required turnaround time and by appropriately licensed MD.
- Identifies scheduling issues and discusses solutions with senior or supervisor.
- Assign clinical cases using LINX, ICUE and Pulse-Oxford work lists.
- Monitors team mailbox, takes appropriate action.
- Transcribe voice mail messages and take appropriate action.
- Document all actions in appropriate application [Linx, Pulse, ICUE, SharePoint]
- High school diploma/GED
- 1+ year office work and/or customer service experience required.
- Ability to create, edit, copy, send and save documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM.
- Some clinical knowledge, some familiarity with major psychiatric terminology preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Healthcare, Clinical, Coordinator, Customer Service, Telephonic, Claims