Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high - quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance
- Responsible for ensuring the letter documentation meets client, regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Knowledge of the State and Federal regulations concerning the services and benefits
- Demonstrate understanding of the program by selecting the correct letter template
- Other duties as assigned by manager and / or director
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of professional experience in an office / customer service environment
- 1+ years of professional experience in Clerical or Administrator work
- 1+ years of experience with Medical Terminology
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents)
- Computer proficiency including, but not limited to, ability to learn new computer system applications
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift Tuesday through Saturday (Tuesday - Friday the schedule will be 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Saturdays the schedule will be 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM.) and work overtime if there is a business need
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties, or 2+ years of Customer Service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry, Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting, Medical Terminology, ICD - 9 and CPT codes, Medicare and / or Medicaid Services, call center environment
- Healthcare or Insurance Benefits experience
- Experience in a medical office billing or Medical Assistant / Clerk
- Experience with production of NOA / NOE letters
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial programs
- Ability to multi - task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast - paced, dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Strong aptitude for working in a production driven environment
- Must be a self - starter and able to work independently
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.