Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
- Performs duties associated with new referral assignment: file creation and system data entry
- Performs data entry and file management in the claims system
- Provides support to the Case Manager
- Answers and directs incoming calls to appropriate person / department
- Retrieves electronic mail and faxes accurately per departmental protocols
- Assists in various administrative projects on an as needed basis
- Assists with desk level vendor referrals as requested by Case Manager
- Performs photocopying and scanning as needed
- Create invoices and issue to clients
- Month-end finance reconciliations
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of administrative / clerical experience
- 1+ years of work experience using Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving, and sending documents)
- 1+ years of experience using Microsoft Outlook or other email system (email management, folders, calendaring, and task function)
- 1+ years of work experience using Microsoft Excel (filtering, sorting, editing, and saving spreadsheet)
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Medical industry experience
- Medical terminology
- Medical claims processing and / or workers compensation experience
- Experience working with Adobe Editor (add / delete documents, add signatures, and add / delete pages)
- Ability to be accurate and have timely data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal skills with a customer service acumen
Keywords: communication, computer, claims, processing, invoicing, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, adobe, administrative, clerical, healthcare, medical terminology