Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Clinical Administrative Coordinator provides routine administrative support to Utilization Management Department. Including but not limited to answering provider lines, working collaboratively with other departments, and demonstrating exceptional customer service. The Clinical Administrative Coordinator plays a key role in building professional relationships with external stakeholders and internal customers.
Candidate must possess ability to multitask, have keyboarding/typing experience (50 WPM and will be given an assessment during interview), have attention to detail, answer phones, file, and use multiple databases/computer software programs. High school diploma/GED required. Some college education preferred, and experience in healthcare industry preferred. Familiarity and abide with HIPAA laws and regulations. Candidate should be able to work in a fast pace clinical environment. Candidate should be a self-starter, work independently, and have the ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
**As part of this position, candidates will be required to be granted and maintain access to the County of San Diego's Electronic Health Record, CCBH. Candidate will need to verify during the phone interview if they can be granted access.
- Data entry of client information into several designated databases and County of San Diego’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) System
- Processing and tracking inpatient and outpatient authorization requests
- Processing high volume inpatient and outpatient authorizations within the establish TAT, and serving as back up for CAC processes depending on staff availability.
- Distribute the appropriate work products to clinical teams for clinical review
- Update and validate demographic and diagnosis information in (EHR) as needed
- Scanning of documents for retention and filing of documents
- Purging of documents
- Facsimile and photocopy duties; other assistance to team member as needed with overall direction from UM-CAC Supervisor.
- Efficiently respond to incoming calls and provide prompt and courteous service to customers and guests. External stakeholders include inpatient hospitals; Residential Substance Use facilities; Crisis Homes; Providers; and billers
- As stated position requires ability to access the county’s electronic medical record
- Sort through incoming e-faxes
- Cross train in other CSS processes and provide back up support as needed
- E-filing of all inpatient and outpatient requests
- File data and perform other routine clerical tasks as assigned and for other departments as needed
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, DYMO label, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine and photocopy machine
- Interpret and respond clearly and effectively to verbal requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, stakeholders, and the general public
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner as needed
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Serve as a central contact for crisis stabilization and inpatient bed availability as needed
- Update processes as needed
- Promote and exhibit the United Culture Values
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of date entry experience in administrative or clerical support role
- Must be able to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe
- Must be able to type 50- 60 WPM, accurately (assessment given at interview)
- Experience handling confidential client/patient information
- Must be able to navigate a PC to open multiple applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Ability to work with multiple screens and applications at one time
- Must be able to gain and maintain access to the County of San Diego's electronic health record – Cerner/CCBH
- Some college or higher
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry or Healthcare Insurance
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Working Knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Experience working with ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
- Experience working in a call center environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: clinical administrative coordinator (CAC), e-filing, data entry, electronic health record, inpatient and outpatient, ICD-10 and CPT codes , medical terminology, healthcare industry, healthcare insurance, call center, Medicare, Medicaid