You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Data entry of client information into designated database / Electronic Health Record (EHR) System
- Processing and tracking outpatient authorization requests, and distribute the appropriate work products to clinical team for clinical review
- Update and validate demographic and diagnosis information in (EHR) as needed
- Scanning of documents for retention and filing of documents
- Purging of documents
- Facsimile and photocopy duties
- Efficiently answer incoming calls and provide prompt and courteous service to customers and guests. External stakeholders include Providers; Billers; CWS; Probation Officers; Attorneys, etc
- Position requires ability to access the county's electronic medical record
- Processing Authorizations within the established turn-around time
- Sort through incoming faxes
- E-filing of all requests, treatment plans, reports, etc
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, DYMO label, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine and photocopy machine
- Interpret and respond clearly and effectively to verbal requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, stakeholders, and the general public
- Perform reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor / Manager
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of Data experience in administrative or clerical support role
- Ability to create, edit, save, and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe, and other programs
- Ability to type 50 - 60 WPM, accurately
- Ability to gain and maintain access to the County of San Diego's electronic health record – Cerner / CCBH
- Some college (or higher)
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry or Healthcare Insurance
- Experience working with ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Experience working with Medicare and / or Medicaid services
- Experience working in a call center environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.