At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI'scustomizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work. Primary Responsibilities:
- Administer department policy and procedures directed by department assistant manager / manager to include: handling employee issues, monitoring PTO and overtime, timesheet approval, assist with interviewing, oversight of new hire orientation, and routine departmental tasks
- Supervise staff to ensure productivity and quality standards are met
- Develop and maintain relationships with all levels of staff throughout the organization and act as primary liaison between operational departments
- Function as a liaison between Account Services, IT, technical support staff and operational units to manage development and implementation of system enhancements. Assist with the system setup for new requirements and test newly implemented enhancements, modifications and functionality
- Run queries and analyze data to determine best utilization of departmental staff resources in relation to work volume and skill sets of staff.
- Communicate productivity and departmental concerns to assistant manager / manager and provide input for recommended changes
- Recommend process flow changes when needed
- Identify need for and assist with development of training and updates for all staff
- Communicate, organize, delegate, and work cooperatively as a member of the team to ensure goals / objectives of department are accomplished timely and within budget parameters
- High School Diploma / GED
- 3+ years of supervisory or leadership experience
- Experience in coordinating internal and external customers across multi-level functions within the organization
- Knowledge and experience in HR best practices
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office - Microsoft Word (create and edit documents), Microsoft Outlook (send / receive emails and use calendar), and Microsoft Excel (sort / filter)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time annually
- Experience with ICD coding and medical terminology
- Knowledge of analyzing and reporting statistical data
- SQL experience
- Experience in submitting or reporting technical issues by ticketing process
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Keywords: UHG, La Crosse, WI, Healthcare, Operations, analyst, analysis, report, coordinator, liaison, manager, supervisor