Department:OH1PV_57401_000 MCMG EHR Implementation Expens
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Clinical Application Project Specialist is the subject matter expert for the Electronic Health Records and is a member of the EHR implementation team. In conjunction with the Director for Care Transformation, coordinates the clinical process redesign, system refinement, and implementation to ensure the organization achieves maximum benefit. Coordinates user training and ongoing support, develops policy and procedures to support clinical systems, and promotes process redesign and change management.
- Provides project management for the implementation of an ambulatory electronic medical record.
- Identifies and coordinates project/people resources necessary and facilitates stratification of priorities and assignments.
- Coordinates project requirements for workstation hardware and network communications and project progress with Trinity Project Manager.
- Participates in system implementation tasks as requested; e.g., systems build, testing system functionality, interfaces, and maintenance of base integrity.
- Identifies role-based access to data and system modules and monitors user access information as assigned.
- Creates test plans and coordinates testing of system functionality, interfaces, and database integrity.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ambulatory healthcare background; prior project management experience with one clinical IS project (or several other project types); Electronic medical record or other clinical information systems preferredBasic computer skills required
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with diverse populations.
- Valid, unrestricted driver's license.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us!
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.