Department:OH1PV_54612_000 Mcmg Diley Ridge
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Clinical Dietitian applies medical nutrition therapy (MNT) to promote health and provide nutrition care services in the treatment of disease and restoration of health. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participating in patient satisfaction, quality management, performance improvement, and regulatory compliance. Clinical Dietitians complete nutrition assessments, monitor nutrition care plans, interact with the interdisciplinary team members, and serve as a nutrition resource to internal and external clients.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- Requires current dietetic licensure in the state of Ohio. Completes continuing professional educational requirements to maintain credentials.
- Requires current Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) credential as a Registered Dietitian, or registry eligible and must achieve Registered Dietitian credential within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Minimum 1 year experience is preferred.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, regulatory standards, and technical information. Ability to write professional correspondence for communications and reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of medical staff, healthcare professionals, managers, internal and external customers.
- Develops, implements and documents plan of care based on assessments of nutritional needs in correlation with other health care plans.
- Provides individualized diet counseling for patient/family as needed. Complies/develops appropriate educational materials. Translates scientific research into meaningful instruction for clients.
- Evaluates and documents the effectiveness of nutritional intervention and provides follow up for continuity of care. Provides effective hand-off communication between team members.
- Maintains accurate department records and documentation in a timely and understandable manner.
- Complies with regulatory standards and is knowledgeable of the standards, quality management efforts, and performance improvement projects.
- Provides inservice and nutrition education for the healthcare team members.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us!
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.