DescriptionThe Intern - General 2 performs duties in field of study or profession. The Intern - General 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
This Internship is a semester long assignment, Temporary, 8-10 hours per week, flexible.
We are changing the way clinicians are developed and transforming the health of Humana’s members. Join us as we create a collaborative, creative clinical learning community that is known for its commitment to excellence in learning and leadership development.
The Clinical Education Intern will investigate, research, and evaluate issues pertaining to various aspects of the clinical professional development and continuing education, as well as administer programming for internally employed clinicians. This role requires knowledge of nursing practice, skills organization, planning, communication, and collaboration skills, and experience working in a complex multi-team environment. In a role jointly sponsored by the Chief Nursing Office and Humana’s Continuing Education Program (Enterprise Talent Development), this role is responsible for:
· Plans, produces, reviews, and attends nursing curriculum projects and other Continuing Education (CE) events, new and on-going.
· Collaborates with the Continuing Education team and program speakers to ensure that educational content is of high professional quality and incorporates elements of adult learning and instructional design into presentations, with an emphasis on outcome measures regarding the learning objectives.
· Monitors and manages Chief Nursing Office projects from initiation through completion; assists with planning and participant selection as directed by supervisor
· Assists or coordinates project planning, resourcing, progress reporting, troubleshooting, and collaboration within and outside the Chief Nursing Office.
· Track and measure nursing development programs and related metrics; develop a reporting process for Chief Nursing Officer use.
· Currently in or have completed Nursing Clinicals. Must have demonstrated clinical skills in Nursing or related field.
· Expertise with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint); willingness and ability to adapt to new technologies and software;
· Ability to clearly communicate concepts, directives, and requests to directors, peers, colleagues, and external parties;
· Ability to receive guidance and oversight from multiple stakeholders
Education, Licenses, Certificates:
· Must be in pursuit of ASN, BSN, MSN, or advanced Nursing degree
By the end of this internship, candidate will receive coaching on:
· Enacting skillful dialogue, discussion, and inquiry, as well as be able to communicate large amounts of information into concise, actionable language over the phone, in person, and via electronic media – and across multiple geographical locations;
· Collaborating for direction on processes, goals, schedules, and outcomes, and work independently to contribute to achieving project goals;
· Making decisions guided by resource availability and functional objectives;
Scheduled Weekly Hours1