Department:OH1MH_60503_002 Nursing Admin: Central Nursing
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
The Clinical Educator, within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization. The Clinical Educator provides consultation and education to patients, families, staff and physicians regarding the care of patients, assumes a leadership role in issues relating to patient care and acts as a change agent to support institutional initiatives pertaining to the care of patients.
- Assesses the learning needs of associates within patient care settings in order to plan, organize, coordinate and participate in development and/or teaching of programs to meet those identified needs
- Consults with the manager regarding patient and staff clinical issues and assists with recommendations
- Acts as a resource for staff regarding critical thinking, equipment use and problem solving regarding clinical situations
- Develops, reviews, and revises standards of care, policies, procedures, practice guidelines, and protocols of care to reflect current evidence based practice and changing technology
- Promotes, participates in, or conducts on-going research in clinical practice.
- Coordinates the orientation of new staff members
- Acts as a resource person for staff members in developing, completing and publishing clinical research.
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio; Professional certification preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent experience in area of specialization preferred
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates leadership and teaching experience
- Demonstrates ability to function as an interdisciplinary team member and able to manage stressful situations
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.