Department:OH1HS_71530_000 Clinical Informatics
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Our Trainer for Clinical Informatics is responsible for training and educating new and current staff and insuring that each learner feels comfortable and is competent on the system. He/she will provide information that helps them connect with the program, understand the importance of their role in the system, and prepares them to succeed as a contributing member of the organization. In addition, the trainer will participate in the assessment of educational and training needs pertaining to
clinical information systems, and provide content expertise that supports care area teams in the use of the software.
- The Clinical Informatics Trainer is an expert in their assigned Cerner Millennium functionality and supports hospital staff and physicians in optimal use of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Successfully completed all of the Trinity Information Systems (TIS) Train the Trainer Courses for the application(s) he/she will be training and able to perform the essential functions of a Clinical Informatics Trainer.
- Demonstrates conceptual understanding and proficiency in use of the Cerner suite of applications; i.e. PowerChart, INet, FirstNet, SurgiNet, etc.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in highly charged emotional situations.
- Independently identify learning needs, styles and barriers of individuals requiring additional assistance with changes in work flow, and initiate appropriate method of teaching while providing a safe learning environment.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a health-related, education, or information technology field or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Prior classroom teaching experience required. Prior experience leading computer based training preferred. Health-related experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to function as an interdisciplinary team member and able to manage stressful situations.
- Leadership abilities and demonstrated credibility with peers and physicians as evidenced by respectful relationships and proven ability to persuade and influence decision-making and behavior change.
- Ability to work collaboratively with personnel across all areas and levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate scheduling flexibility based on training needs and timeframes (includes ramp up of scheduling during times of upgrades or new functionality implementation) and ability to take call.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.