Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s).
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Manage administrative intake of members or the admission / discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage request for services from members and / or providers
- Manage the referrals process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Receive care coordination notification cases for non-clinical assessment / intervention and provide appropriate triage
- Review requests for adverse determination, approval notification and processing notification requirements
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents / triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Handle resolution / inquiries from members and / or providers that may include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Billing and Payment issues
- Customer material requests
- Physician assignments
- Authorization for treatment
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Verifying appropriate ICD-9 and CPT coding usage
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Experience within the HealthCare Industry
- Ability to use PC with using multiple applications
- Experience working with Healthcare Insurance
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- Ability to work 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 9:00 am - 6:00 pm on Fridays with the ability to work Saturday on a rotation
- PBM experience
- Working Knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Experience working with ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Experience working with Medicare and / or Medicaid Services
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Farmingdale, NY, Clinical Intake Coordinator, Patient Care Coordinator, administrative support, Medical Terminology, Healthcare Insurance