Department:OH1MH_26150_006 Outpatient Surgery Center
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Being the professional destination for nurses begins with courageous leaders. At Mount Carmel our focus is on leadership development. We designed our dedicated Leadership Academy to provide growth at every level. We encourage participative management. Because true nursing excellence is created when all Nurses are accountable and focused on people-centered care.
The Clinical Manager, under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Department Director, plans, organizes, staffs and directs patient care on a daily operational basis in accordance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. Functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization.
- Holds self and others (Colleagues, Physicians and Volunteers) accountable for exhibiting each of the Mount Carmel Service Excellence Behavior Standards. This includes, but is not limited to, celebrating excellence in behavior and approaching anyone with courtesy and respect who is not demonstrating Service Excellence and owning and resolving Service Recovery concerns.
- Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- Identify, lead and embrace chance.
- Under the direction of the nurse manager/director provides supervision of employees in their respective department/service area and partners with their supervisor to ensure 24 hour accountability. Participates in interviewing, hiring, orienting, counseling and evaluating of all employees. Establishes work schedules and daily assignments. Participates in direct patient care activities as needed.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff, other departments and physicians.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to colleagues and patients.
- Graduate from school of nursing; BSN required
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of two year's recent and relevant clinical experience required
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize and manage patient care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of the patient care team
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.