Department:OH1MH_47201_001 Neuro Science IMC
Expected Weekly Hours:36
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator, in accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors, assists with the daily coordinator of personnel and resources within a clinical specialty or department.
- Provides nursing care, ensures an environment of patient safety, promotes evidence-based practice and quality initiatives and exhibits professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®
- Coordinates staff scheduling, educational/development activities, and performance evaluations
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of clinical services. Performs quality assurance studies and assists with implementation of QA/QI initiatives
- Serves as a resource to staff and external contacts on issues related to patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies and procedures
- Monitors departmental compliance with applicable requirements, including accreditation, legal, and The Joint Commission
- Participates in and fosters a performance development approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities
- Maintains current knowledge, skills, education, and licensure in clinical practice, attends required inservices
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- All other duties as assigned
- Graduate from school of nursing; BSN required
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience and at least 1 years of work leadership experience
- Effective Communication Skills
- Evidence of effective leadership and management abilities/potential
- BLS healthcare provider training required
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.