At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services. There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm) We are currently seeking a CLINICAL OFFICE MANAGER – MANHATTAN (NYC) to join our team at LHI’s World Trade Center Health Program Clinic. The Clinic Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration, operations and procedures in order to ensure organization effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Clinic Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation. Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; designing filing and records management systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring administrative functions.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, operations, and equipment management.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates and evaluate/manage their performance.
- Engages agency contacts and program liaisons to ensure office staff are providing high quality and efficient healthcare administrative services.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing performance reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Learns and maintains an in-depth knowledge of all facets of the WTC Health Program including, the Zadroga Act, policies and procedures, codebooks and processes; as well as LHI processes, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
- Ensures consistency and continuity of services by orientating and training employees and support staff.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Facilitates clinic and company initiatives at clinic location. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manages clinic operations and clinical office employees.
- Responsible for the financial management of the department including forecasting and projecting.
- Responsible for staff training, supporting organizational clinic goals and participating in strategic planning.
- Directly responsible for hiring and retaining employees, employee development and coaching, approving timesheets, and the performance management of the team.
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, or healthcare related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four (4) years supervisory, management or leadership experience in clinic or other leadership position
- Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs
- Occasional travel (<5%)
- Previous experience managing occupational health clinic practice
- Ability to work in a complex fast-paced environment, flexible and adaptable to changing situations, and a strong commitment to teamwork
- Ability to influence and negotiate through use of verbal, written, and interpersonal means with a diverse group of people/disciplines at all levels of an organization
- Possess the soft skills required for relationship management and excellent customer service
- Strong organization, planning, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be able to problem solve, propose and implement solutions
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and to display professional conduct at all times
- Clinical patient care experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: World Trade Center Health Program Clinic, WTC, LHI, Clinical Office Manager, Manhattan, New York City, NY