As one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, UnitedHealth Group provides a professional culture where you're empowered and encouraged to exceed the expectations of our members, with better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Clinical Pharmacist to join our team.
The Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for assisting and supporting the Director of Pharmacy in strategic planning, development of pharmacy initiatives related to pharmacoeconomics, utilization management and Pay for Performance with a focus on improved health outcomes. Duties and Responsibilities will also include:
- Work in close collaboration with the Disease Management department to provide telephonic disease state management for patients with the following chronic disease state(s): congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Asthma, Diabetes
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy in planning, and implementing physician education programs related to new treatment modalities for various disease states, HEDIS/P4P, CMS Star Ratings, Medicare Part B and & D drugs, and pharmacy utilization management best practices
- Available and acts as a clinical/pharmacy resource for Clinical Service’s case managers including identifying high volume/high cost pharmacy utilizing members and assisting with the development of case management planning
- Collaborates with High Risk Touch Teams to ensure effective medication reconciliation and patient education for high risk patient in order to decrease readmissions and avoidable emergency room visits
- Participates in the inpatient readmission rounds and interdisciplinary (IDT) case management meetings
- Maintains a working knowledge of changes in pharmacy practice, including pharmacy laws and drugs, and applies this knowledge in the performance of daily activities
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and provides additional orientation, training and skill development to internal staff and external customers on an ongoing basis
- Participates in the Clinical Services Medical Management Team and collaborates with the Pharmacy Dept. in all strategic planning
- Counsels patients and their care givers on safe and appropriate use of drugs
- PharmD - Current and unrestricted Pharmacist License for the State of CA is required
- 2 years of Clinical Experience with IPAs, medical groups or direct patient contact
- Must be able to travel in the field, 75% of the time within Orange County
- A current CA driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and access to a reliable transportation
- Experience with Medicare Part B and Part D
- Completion of a 1 year Ambulatory/Clinical Pharmacy Residency Program
- MTM (Medication Therapy Management) Certification is a plus
- BCPS – Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacy, managed care, Disease Management, Medical Group, IPA, PharmD, Monarch, UnitedHealth Group, OptumHealth, CA, California, Irvine