At OptumRx, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses and one of the largest pharmacy benefits managers in the United States, we're dispensing with tradition. Join us as we take on the challenge of reinventing the health system. As a Clinical Pharmacist, and you'll play an important role in enhancing clinical pharmacy programs such as drug utilization review, prior authorization, health outcomes, disease state management, care management and other specialty programs. It's an exceptional opportunity to join a pharmacy team with a focus on clinical and business collaboration. Join us today and start helping making a difference in the lives of millions.
The Clinical Engagement Services Center team provides a variety of clinical services, such as: Adherence, Diabetes, Controlled Drug Management, Medication Therapy Management, Hospital Transition Program, and Retrospective Drug Utilization.
The team is comprised of clinical pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians that complete various functions to successfully meet the operational requirements of each clinical service.
The Clinical Pharmacist will report into the Operations Manager. This is a unique role that will allow the pharmacist to interact with members at a Wellness center one day a week and telecommute the rest of the week. The primary responsibilities of this role are to assist with member initiated inquiries related to OptumRx services and perform telephonic consultations with members to complete comprehensive medication reviews and improve disease state management. In addition, the clinical pharmacist documents the care delivered and communicates essential information to the member’s primary care providers.
- Assist members with benefits inquiries related to various OptumRx services, such as: Home Delivery, Retail 90 program, OptumRx App and member web portal
- Ability to provide member information on prior authorization processes
- Active participation in providing monthly presentations at Wellness Center on pertinent health topics
- Document and track member services provided
- Utilize prescription and medical claim data to generate clinical recommendations according to Medication Therapy Management and Retrospective Drug Utilization
- Provide clinical recommendations pertaining to, but not limited to, gaps in care, high risk medications, compliance and adherence, drug interactions, therapeutic substitution, and generic substitution
- Ensure to remain adherent to all CMS, URAC, and internal quality/compliance requirements
- Utilize client formulary information to guide appropriate medication recommendations
- Accountable to keep up to date on current and emerging clinical trends
- Continuously look for ways to streamline and improve workflow
- Follow all policies and procedures related to job
- Support functions to meet department goals, as needed (i.e. call members to schedule consultation appointments)
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and 2 years work experience in retail / community pharmacy and / or PBM
- Current and unrestricted Utah state licensure
- Strong clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Prior call center experience
ACPE MTM Specialist
Certified Diabetes Educator
Certified Geriatric Specialist
Board Certified Pharmacist
- Willing to work flexible hours in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently within a cross functional team environment
- Demonstrates interpersonal, consultative, and problem - solving skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Commitment to professionalism and a dedicated desire to advance patient care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Pharmacist, Salt Lake City, UT, Utah, SLC, Pharmacy, Wellness Center Pharmacist