Clinic Location: Seal Beach, CA
At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum Care Medical Group serve the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties. The combined medical group is composed of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid-level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, Optum Care Medical Group strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model.
The Clinic Operations Supervisor will be responsible for overall practice management and administration of assigned of 3 providers and 8 staff, front and back office.
- Overall practice management and administration of assigned clinic(s) and supervision of clinical staff to ensure efficient and responsive patient workflow
- Implement operating policies and procedures, quality assurance plans, and work standards according to OCMG’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Provide direct supervision of staff, ensuring high quality patient care
- Accountable for clinic performance (e.g., quality control, regulatory standards, financial, patient satisfaction/experience, scheduling/staffing, budgeting, and billing)
- Maintain compliance with established governmental regulations, health care industry requirements/standards, policies and procedures, safety, environmental and infection control, and codes and requirements of accreditation agencies
- Consistently audit the standard Operational and Clinical processes to identify and remediate areas of poor performance
- Coordinate and monitor the corrective action process, as needed, to ensure quality service is provided
- Participate and support in process improvement initiatives, and LEAN or Six Sigma processes design
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years of medical practice experience
- 2+ years managerial/supervisory experience
- 1+ year of knowledge of insurance and medical terminology, coding, collections, and federal/state laws governing medical compliance
- Associates degree
- Proficient in Microsoft word, outlook, excel
- NextGen experience
- Experience in Family Practice
- Bilingual Farsi
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OCMG, Orange County Medical Group, Clinic supervisor, IM/FP, medical practice, manager, supervisor, insurance, medical terminology, clinical , NextGen, Bilingual Farsi, Seal Beach, CA Mission Viejo, Huntington Beach, California