DescriptionThe Clinical Programs Pharmacy Technician 2 integrates programs developed to improve overall health outcomes with a focus on prescription drugs. The Clinical Programs Pharmacy Technician 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Clinical Programs Pharmacy Technician 2 oversees medication therapy, strategy on comprehensive medication reviews, and prescription drug optimization in cases where patients are taking multiple medications. Drives health awareness with patients through Rx Education and targeted quarterly campaigns. Places outbound calls to confirm patients are taking drugs and provides counseling. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Applied knowledge of insurance processing, customer service or call center processes and practices
- Active OH License
- Minimum of 1 year experience as Pharmacy Technician
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB)
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in mail order and/or retail pharmacy setting
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish fluently
- Experience as a Pharmacy Tech, Medical Tech, Medical office administrator or CNA
Scheduled Weekly Hours40