DescriptionThe Clinical Programs Pharmacy Technician 2 integrates programs developed to improve overall health outcomes with a focus on prescription drugs. The Clinical Programs Pharmacy Technician 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Clinical Programs Pharmacy Technician 2 assists Pharmacist with medication therapy, strategy on comprehensive medication reviews, and prescription drug optimization in cases where patients are taking multiple medications. Drives health awareness with patients through Rx Education and targeted quarterly campaigns. Places outbound calls to confirm patients are taking drugs and provides counseling. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
The Clinical Programs Pharmacy Technician 2 oversees:
- Specialty Medication Adherence Quality Network
- Prescription drug optimization in cases where patients are taking multiple medications
- Drives health awareness with patients through Rx education and targeted quarterly campaigns
- Places outbound calls to confirm patients are taking drugs and provides counseling
- Certified and Technician license in the appropriate State
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in Specialty, Mail Order Pharmacy experience, customer service or call center
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish fluently
- Strong communication and telephonic skills
Department Hours 8:00am to 8:00pm
Scheduled Weekly Hours40