Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Our Quality Audit Specialist I will assist to identify and facilitate opportunities for improvement in the delivery of patient care
related to clinical care, patient safety and resource utilization outcomes. Under the direction of the Quality Manager, performs chart reviews for core measures and other quality initiatives, and maintains strict confidentiality of all data and information. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with medical and healthcare system staff to ensure effective, results-oriented project outcomes.
- Maintains expert knowledge of core measures and other pertinent quality initiatives
- Completes chart reviews for quality improvement initiatives
- Other reviews as assigned
- Meets deadlines and timeframes for reviews and reporting
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all data and information
- Participates in conference calls and meetings to maintain knowledge and understanding of quality initiatives
- May assist with the coordination and management of event reports from identification through closure
- Participates in activities which own promote professional growth and development, as well as seeks out opportunities for organizational growth of key stakeholders.
- Conducts educational programs regarding quality improvement to physicians, as well as other internal and external customers.
- Participates as a member of quality related committees and/or workgroups and is assigned
- administrative support responsibilities as needed including necessary documentation.
- Education: HS diploma or equivalent required. 2 year Associate's degree preferred.
- Licensure / Certification: Active Ohio Medical Assistant certification or licensed practical nurse. LPN preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience with some in an acute care setting or outpatient clinical setting preferred.
- 2 years of previous quality assurance/improvement experience and/or chart review experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret medical records
- Proven ability to work independently, with attention to accuracy and consistency of
- information obtained and recorded in development and completion of large and complex
- quality projects on tight time lines.
- Ability to balance multiple large scale quality projects simultaneously.
- Extensive PC Computer and other office equipment skills required
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong influencing, listening and consultative skills
- CMS/STARs/performance measures/HEDIS/GPRO knowledge and experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.