Provides clinical support and professional nursing care to patients under the direction of physicians, midlevel’s and nursing personnel using established standards of care to close the gaps on Quality measures and screenings.
*This position requires up to 50% Travel throughout El Paso County and potentially New Mexico. Position will be onsite at 3801C Constitution Dr. #100 El Paso, TX 79922 when not traveling.*
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies including referrals, medication needs, etc.
- Performs all nursing care duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational Nurse including administering injections, phlebotomy activities, and Quality screenings
- Screens patient for chief complaint and history of the condition necessitating the visit and records the information in the patient’s medical record
- Rooms patients according to company protocol
- Conducts appropriate educational communication to patients
- Assembles and mails patient records and correspondence to Primary Care Physicians
- Answers phones, schedules appointments and arranges Comfort Care transportation when needed
- Maintains certifications/licensure (LVN, CPR, etc.) and quality control standards
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current state Vocational Nurse License
- Two years of related LVN experience in a clinical setting
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology
- ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Ability to accurately document information and maintain patient confidentiality
- Current Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Three or more years of related LVN experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: clinic, clinic quality, provider education, nurse, LPN, LVN, home health, quality, quality measures, CMS, HEDIS, Stars, El Paso, TX, Texas