What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Assesses patient and family psychosocial needs including behavioral health needs, and develops plan of care in concert with patient, physicians, nurses and other members of the departmental team such as behavioral health .
- Skillful in communications with and sensitive to the unique needs of Medicaid members , their families, guardians, and caregivers;
- Links patients/family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information/referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups, and other community services
- Documents patient/family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, and interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, insurance company, community agencies and others as needed to ensure needs, continuity of care or care alternatives are addressed and met.
- Completes members’ Health risk assessment and other appropriate assessments and complete referral to care/disease management ,healthy behaviors and other appropriate program as needed
- Deliver and coordinate services to address needs of the enrollees.
- Ensures appropriate utilization and consistent application of the benefits.
- Maintains time sensitive documentation including interventions and outcomes to assure compliance with program goals and regulatory agencies.
- Participates with Quality improvement initiatives.
- Monitors and Evaluates clinical outcomes.
- Organizes work and develops strategies for adapting to a constantly changing workload or when confronted with unseen situations.
- Educates members on symptom management planning to conduct with their PCP or appropriate specialists to reduce avoidable admissions, readmissions and ER visits.
- Monitors enrollee’s responses to the interventions and adjusts plan of care as needed to meet the enrollee’s health goals
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in the state of FL.
- 4 years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- Experienced working in a related mental health environment or with special needs population
- Intermediate knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations
- Basic Microsoft Word skills
- Florida Resident
- Knowledge of community resources and organizations to meet member psycho social needs
- Bilingual skills – fluency in Spanish/English
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills
- Strong team player and participant in team building
- Excellent conflict management, influencing and collaboration skills
- Ability to proactively partner with care team, including physician engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problems solving and decision making abilities
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong community knowledge and professional network
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Social Worker, LCSW, Case Manager, Clinical Social Worker, Behavioral Health, Florida, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, FL, Florida,
Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa