Assesses and treats behavioral health issues impacting chronically ill and high risk patients in a variety of environments including private homes, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and/or hospital settings. Provides assessment of social services and supports referral and acquisition of social and behavioral services. Serves as a behavioral health consultant and partner to a high performing team of physicians, nurse practitioners, and social workers who provide collaborative team-based care.
If you are located in or near Dickson, TN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist the multidisciplinary team in identifying and implementing effective communication methods to engage patients with behavioral health issues
- Participate in collaborative multidisciplinary team meetings to optimize clinical integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of service delivery
- Work directly with individuals and a multidisciplinary team to assess, diagnose and treat mental health conditions
- Provide direct short-term evidence-based therapies for stabilization of individuals with complex medical and behavioral health issues
- Share clinical expertise with medical staff to ensure continuity and quality of care
- Identify, refer, and coordinate available community resources to address non-medical needs and ensure patient access to services
- Clearly summarize pertinent clinical information in the patient record
- Serve as consultant to medical, nursing and social work staff to include consultation, assessment, intervention, and education/training regarding behavioral health needs
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Communicate effectively with medical, professional, administrative and other personnel to present information in clear written and oral format
Master’s Degree from an accredited Social Work (MSW) program OR other Behavioral Health graduate degree that prepares an individual to provide independent therapy services
- Active and unrestricted license in TN (LCSW, LICSW, LPC-MHSP, Senior Psychological Examiner, or LMFT)
3+ years’ experience working with individuals with severe mental illness
Knowledge of, and experience with, behavioral health services, psychotropic medications, and therapeutic interventions to manage symptoms
Experience in diagnosis and assessment using the DSM-5
Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare
Ability to work with diverse care teams in a variety of settings
Effective time management and communication skills
Careers at TeamMD:. Imagine. Even as health care evolves and advances into a future of innovative new practice models, there are some lessons from the past that can make a huge difference. At TeamMD, a part of UnitedHealthcare Community & State and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we recognized the need for better care for individuals that are medically complex and have functional limitations. We created TeamMD to bring medical care to these individuals in their home to improve their access to care and enable better clinical outcomes. Our home-based model of care helps patients with the greatest needs, whether it is for short term stabilization and transition support to ongoing primary care. If you're looking for greater career impact and challenge, learn more. You'll discover how this can become your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.