UnitedHealthcare (TeamMD) is recruiting for an experienced Licensed Mental Health Therapist to join a newly forming interdisciplinary team that will provide integrated behavioral health and social services to individuals who are experiencing mental health challenges and/or suffering from substance use disorder.
The Behavioral Health Provider will work closely with an interdisciplinary team in both clinic and in community settings to assess individual needs, help transition from inpatient or rehab environment, and provide ongoing therapy and support. This position requires effective time management and communication skills, ability to work independently, and to be detail oriented.
- In consultation with other professionals, determines the rehabilitation approach that will best meet the needs of the patient and continually assess patient’s progress and modify or extend treatment program accordingly
- Provides therapeutic intervention with patient and family including individual, marital, parental, family and group therapy sessions
- Assist individuals in development of new skills to manage a variety of emotional states
- Help clients develop conflict resolution skills to improve interpersonal relationships
- Assist individuals in development of techniques that allow them to assertively communicate with others while maintaining self-respect
- Will integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into provision of services
- Participate in collaborative multidisciplinary team meetings to optimize clinical integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of service delivery
- Master's in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology (PhD) or Social Work
- Be clinically licensed and able to practice independently in the state of hire (LCSW, LMFT, LCP – MHSP, Senior Psychological Examiner, PsyD, or an equivalent clinically based licensure)
- 2+ years of experience providing clinical services in areas such as psychotherapy or substance use disorder treatment
- Experience in working with diverse vulnerable populations
- Computer literate and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Willing to work a mix of day and evening hours (1-2 evenings per week)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within the local area
- DBT Certification or within one year of receiving the DBT certification
- 5+ years of providing psychotherapy with at least 3 years in an outpatient setting
- Licensed Addictions Counselor (LAC or LCAC)
- Experience working in a Methadone (OTP) clinic
- Experience in management of chronic mental health conditions
- Experience working with individuals who are homeless and / or underserved
- Experience working in a syringe access or HIV program
- Experience working with individuals in their home environment
Careers at TeamMD:. Imagine. Even as health care evolves and advances into a future of innovative new practice models, there are some lessons from the past that can make a huge difference. At TeamMD, a part of UnitedHealthcare Community & State and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we recognized the need for better care for individuals that are medically complex and have functional limitations. We created TeamMD to bring medical care to these individuals in their home to improve their access to care and enable better clinical outcomes. Our home-based model of care helps patients with the greatest needs, whether it is for short term stabilization and transition support to ongoing primary care. If you're looking for greater career impact and challenge, learn more. You'll discover how this can become your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: DBT, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Mental Health Therapist, LCSW, LMFT, LCP – MHSP, Senior Psychological Examiner, PsyD, clinical license, Licensed Addictions Counselor, LAC, LCAC, SMI, severe mental illness, behavioral health, therapist, mental health, psychotherapy, substance use disorder treatment, syringe access program, Methadone clinic, OTP clinic, Homeless, Underserved., addictions, Memphis, TN Tennessee