Clinician (Temporary to Permanent)
Primary Location: CA-CALos Angeles-3756 Santa Rosalia Dr
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. CA Mentor Family Support Services provides intensive coordination and family support (known as Wraparound) to youth who have been or are at-risk of being referred to an out-of-home placement. The goal of the Family Support Clinician in the wraparound services is to enhance the youth and family’s well-being by keeping the youth in their home and community, all the while, promoting self-advocacy.
As the Family Support Clinician for California MENTOR Family Support Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully provide service or treatment plans that are based on an effective assessment of client needs and practical suggestions for change. This position will also provide 24/7 on-call support for all assigned families, while also building and maintaining positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
**This is a temporary; with a possibility of permanent position
- Provides 24/7 coverage for all assigned clients/families.
- Provides assessments in the areas of mental status, personality, behavioral response patterns, relationships, and family interactions.
- Proposes a treatment plan based on assessment of needs and makes practical suggestions for change.
- Provides activity and participation based interventions and approaches developed from training materials, experience, families’ successes, and peers.
- Makes referrals to services and resources on behalf of families.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Provides guidance for the family in their interaction with referring agencies, and other community organizations as needed.
- Assures that documentation and records are kept confidential, organized, and complete and submitted to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in Child and Family team meetings with peers and in collateral team meeting when needed. Supports peer development by addressing areas of concern for professional development and team performance issues.
- Provides a closure and aftercare plan for each family/client.
- May provide training or field supervision of new or tenured peers; review and edit peer records and documentation, marketing and education presentations; training and development for the region or team meetings.
- Works with Wraparound facilitator to align goals of the Plan of Care and Treatment plan.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
What we require of you
- Master of Science or Master of
Arts Degree in Human Services, Social Work or Psychology.
- Clinicians must be State licensed or license eligible. Clinicians experience: 1) post graduate Interns registered or waivered may provide clinician services; and 2) Clinician must meet the requirements in the California Medi-Cal Manuel
- Reliable transportation
- Auto insurance that complies with the state policy concerning minimum car insurance coverage
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, uses an evidenced-based service model, called Family Centered Treatment and delivers individualized, practical supports that empower youth and families to lead healthy, stable lives at home. Training on this model will be provided. The FCT service line is COA accredited.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!