BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Here at BJ’s, we’re hiring cloud computing professionals to help us achieve our cloud first strategy.
As a member of the Cloud Technologies team, The Cloud Enterprise Architect will have the opportunity to help shape our cloud strategy, data center migration approach, and define patterns and usage patterns across a wide array IaaS and PaaS services in AWS and other cloud provider solutions.
What you will do:
- Architect, design, and build enterprise systems with a focus on Cloud migration and AWS solutions
- Develop strategies to optimize the utilization of the Cloud services
- Define the operational processes to effectively manage the cloud environment
- Deliver Proof-of-Concept projects that may lead to implementation projects
- Assemble artifacts to document the current state architecture
- Develop a technology roadmap and transition from the current architecture to the target architecture
- Recommend technology refresh activities in accordance with budgetary and business requirements
- Provide governance and guidance to IT teams to ensure that the technical solutions delivered conform to the enterprise architecture
- Analyze the technology industry and market trends and determine any potential impact on the enterprise
- Advise business and technology groups on future technology options, outlining risks, costs, benefits and capabilities and develop various technology platform strategy documents
- Provide senior level support and guidance to Bjs cloud engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or business field
- 10+ years IT experience, with at least 4 years in an Enterprise Architect role
- Experience with migration to, development, integration to and infrastructure within cloud; AWS cloud experience preferred
- Omni-channel experience (eCommerce, Retail, B2C)
- Experience working on evolutionary architecture problems – models, high level designs, design patterns and epic/story decomposition
- Experience working in an agile product development team
- Experience applying lean/agile/DevOps principles and systems thinking to business and technical problems
- Experience with any of the following frameworks (TOGAF, Gartner, DODAF, etc.)
- Should be a well-rounded senior technologist with strong analytical and problem solving skills and strong strategic planning capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive with the ability to self-manage
- A team player that builds strong, lasting relationships
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.