The Cloud Governance – Analytic Manager is a pivotal role in data visualization that will be accountable for leading cross functional / virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute against the cloud strategy and cloud policy in order to establish the cloud governance metric framework. As the subject matter expert and escalation point for the day-to-day operational activities, this individual must be skilled at metric development, analytics, and data visualization to track and evaluate performance of the cloud program and cloud governance committee.
As the resident expert on Tableau, this individual will provide guidance on best practices in building great reports, dashboards, and data models; while keeping up with on all upcoming features and capabilities of Tableau to make sure we are maximizing the potential of the tool. Possess the expertise to create impactful visualizations, interactive dashboards, and reports with strong data analysis skills.
This individual must be comfortable as a member of a team and be comfortable with collaboration across teams and with senior leadership to improve the quality of existing dashboards and develop new tools and analytics to drive continuous operational improvement. Will also be integral in the continued evolution of the Cloud Governance Business Committee.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s current systems and data flow in order to enhance underlying data sources feeding into Tableau
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements; research, plan, recommend and implement dashboards and data visualization in Tableau that enable the organization to meet business requirements and achieve reporting goals
- Create effective Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and complex, elegant, and interactive dashboards as analytical tools for business users
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Tableau development including, but not limited to, Developing meaningful and efficient Dashboards, Scorecards, Analytics, Reporting, Visualizations, Unit testing, Integration testing and Production Support. Manage a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views.
- Build and publish customized interactive Tableau reports and dashboards along with data refresh scheduling using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Create Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and Gantt charts
- Perform all administrative responsibilities required to support the Tableau tool, including: establishing the appropriate levels of security, maintaining data integrity & controls, providing user training & support, designing the tool’s structure, managing the back-end hardware requirements, etc.
- Transition existing reports from existing reporting platforms to Tableau reporting application as well as developing new reports as assigned
- Support finance department with the understanding of business and data requirements, and iteratively designing visualizations for initial concepts and prototypes that can be presented for feedback
- Work with large volumes of data and perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples) from various sources.
- Understand Tableau logical model and build appropriate Tableau Applications
- Assist with various Governance Cloud Committee reporting requests on an ad-hoc basis
- Build prototypes for demonstration and illustration purposes for business partners or senior leaders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting and analysis of results.
- Support activities to document, evolve, and communicate artifacts developed using Tableau.
Effectively utilize features and Best Practices of Tableau and visual analytics to maximize impact and utility of visualization products. Provide recommendations on ways to enhance the Tableau user experience and improve its overall system performanceRequired Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in analytics, modeling, or a combination of both
- 6+ years of management experience; or 6+ years of leadership experience in an advanced quantitative analytics function
- 8+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- 8 + years of experience supporting or designing complex ETL production environments
- 8+ years of experience with data analysis and documentation
- 5+ years of data management experience including data modeling, data integrity and data quality
- 5+ years of experience creating executive level dashboards, analytics, and reports using advanced visualization tools
- 3 + years of Tableau Dashboard development experience
- 3 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience using data and analytics to inform and develop risk mitigation strategies
- 2+ years of experience managing governance frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts
- Experience designing and developing business intelligence or data analytics applications using tools such as Tableau by integrating with Apache Spark
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- 1+ years of ETL, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts, such as financial engineering, calculus, statistical modeling, and concepts of probability
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements which may include workflows, process maps, or business processes
- Ability to manage process discovery, process modeling, and process improvement activities
- Experience facilitating complex design discussions and driving results
- Experience using business knowledge and critical thinking skills to deliver upstream and downstream project impacts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Education: Degree and/or experience in Management Information Systems, Mathematics/Statistics and/or Computer Science
- Advanced experience in Tableau data visualization toolset as a developer, architecting data models, administration and as a Tableau subject matter expert.
- 3 + years of Tableau server engineering or Tableau administration experience
- Strong knowledge of the technical requirements needed to properly support Tableau in a large organization
- Tableau Certified Professional or Qualified Associate certification is preferable.
- Solid understanding of Tableau and the types of data and coding required to develop dashboards & reports (ETL Frameworks and Microsoft Stack: SQL Server – SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose or abstract functional and technical information, and provide recommendations and a point-of-view for key decisions; preferably in a risk context
- Experience visualizing and creating high-level models used for analyzing, extending, and maturing business architecture
- Proven track record of building and improving existing programs and processes
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.