The Cloud Governance Policy Author and Strategy Consultant will be a creative and strategic policy author who can combine their governance experience, writing skills and creative insight to establish the Cloud Governance framework, enterprise policy and related standards, procedures and processes. This role will be accountable for driving awareness, ensuring impact is understood, and tracking compliance.
Must be highly organized, self-motivated, disciplined and be able to work effectively cross-departmentally to understand key players, communicate effectively among them and gain buy-in. This position requires you to hit the ground sprinting and the ability to work from prior experience is critical.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the research, authoring, publishing, and maintenance of Cloud Policy, Standards, Procedures, Processes and other related documents in compliance with established content standards using various authoring tools.
- Observe Cloud representatives to learn appropriate subject matter to ensure accurate procedural documents.
- Design and develop standard operating procedures in consultation with subject matter experts and managers.
- Responsible for creating clear, understandable documentation that translates complicated processes into understandable, step-by-step explanation for a target audience.
- Analyze, research, design and develop high-quality policy and procedural documents that are clear, concise, accurate, and aligned with company standards.
- Revise and update procedures regularly to ensure the most up to date procedures are readily available and subject matter remains accurate, as well as track all changes and revisions to all procedural documents.
- Analyze and interpret technical data to determine relevant material for publication by collaborating with subject matter experts.
- Review new or changed regulations, instructions, or procedures to determine how it will affect the current process and/or areas.
- Maintain documentation per WF standards and reformat existing outdated documentation into the Wells Fargo Standard format to create a single, comprehensive version.
- Write technical documents by taking direction from higher management and/ or Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Review large technical documents for accuracy of grammar and sentence framing.
- Collaborate with management and committee team members on policies/procedures/checklist; will also collaborate with other departments and third-party vendors as necessary.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- 8+ years of experience with business strategy or risk assessment
- 5+ years of policy and strategy development experience
- 5+ years of process definition and documentation experience
- 5+ years of technical documentation and publication experience
- 5+ years of consultative business analysis experience
- 5 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 5+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- 3+ years of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts
- 3+ years of risk identification and documentation experience
- Process improvement experience
- 1+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide cloud information technology solutions
- 1+ year of Information Security Frameworks and standards (FFIEC, NIST, ISO) experience
- Experience with IT strategic planning, governance and management
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology governance risk and compliance processes such as; policies, control standards, risk management concepts, or information security
- Extensive technical writing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: issues in a concise and understandable manner
- Experience working with cloud security management or governance tools
- Experience in corporate-wide policy governance, maintenance and governance of the plans, playbooks and policies
- Ability to identify and recommend new policies/programs that improve existing products or develop new programs
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- Ability to manage process discovery, process modeling, and process improvement activities
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Knowledge and understanding of technical leadership including: strategic and enterprise architectural direction for an organization
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Experience facilitating meetings with participants at various levels of experience in different lines of business
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Investigative interviewing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Financial industry experience
- Education: Degree and/or experience in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Quantitative Analysis, and/or Public Policy
- 5+ years of experience with IT strategy and design disciplines, including enterprise architecture, IT investment management, and/or IT project management
- 2+ years of experience using private / public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, PCF or GCP)
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.