The Cloud Governance Strategy Consultant 4 is the primary point person for the Cloud Governance Business Committee
(CGBC) and will be integral in the continued evolution of the committee. They will partner with senior leadership across Wells
Fargo to identify and assist in implementation of cloud technology requirements (systems, architecture and infrastructure); as
well as partnering with other governance bodies (ex: IT Strategy, ETGC, etc).
As the subject matter expert and escalation point for day-to-day cloud governance activities, this individual must be highly
organized, effective with time management, a skilled facilitator, negotiator, and meeting coordinator. Must be comfortable
with collaboration as they will interface with leaders to improve the quality of decision making within the CGBC and to drive
continuous operational improvement/
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for facilitating the Cloud Governance Business Committee meetings, creating meeting agendas andmaterials, recording and distribution of minutes and decisions, and managing follow-up activities.
- Primary point of contact for the Cloud governance business committee (CGBC).
- Partner with other governance bodies (ex: IT Strategy, ETGC, etc).
- Contribute to building the governance framework across our cloud deployment models.
- Develop and update Cloud Strategy and assist with building the integrated roadmap for execution.
- Assist with the development and update Cloud Policy, standards, patterns, reference architectures, and standards repository. Recommend enhancements to existing governance capability.
- Utilize reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall architectural blueprint. Maintain awareness of current architectures and guide their application to initiatives as appropriate.
- Identify risks, opportunities, compliance issues or other architectural concerns.
- Gather information on and review third party products and services.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- 8+ years of experience with business strategy or risk assessment
- 3+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
- 5+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- 3+ years of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts
- 3+ years of experience in IT infrastructure product and service control management; policies and standards, business readiness, exceptions management or alignment to the enterprise compliance and risk management accountabilities
- 3+ years of risk identification and documentation experience
- Process improvement experience
- 1+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide cloud information technology solutions
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- Experience with IT strategic planning, governance and management
- Experience working with cloud security management or governance tools
- Experience with public and private cloud integration with AWS, IAAS, Asure or Google
- Knowledge and understanding of network, distributed system, applications or event management disciplines
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Ability to manage process discovery, process modeling, and process improvement activities
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives enterprise-wide
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Experience facilitating meetings with participants at various levels of experience in different lines of business
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Degree and/or experience in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security,
- Quantitative Analysis, and/or Public Policy
- 3+ years of Cloud Governance experience including managing committees/councils
- 2+ years of experience in architecture governance or similar
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms and emerging cloud disciplines (e.g. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, cloud security, IoT security, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience using private / public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, PCF or GCP)
- Experience with source control repositories (e.g. Git) and CI/CD toolsets.
- Familiarity with cloud-native and microservice architectures and an understanding of design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability · Solid understanding of distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and networking protocols · Experience with open source applications, frameworks, and libraries
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.