BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Club Analytics team is a new home office a new home office team in finance designed to develop data-driven insights that identify and diagnose specific execution opportunities in both the field and home office. The day-to-day operations of this team will be overseen by the Senior Manager of Club Analytics and supported by a small team of analysts, each dedicated to a specific vertical.
As part of this team, each analyst will own data collection, analysis and assist in the publication of the new club scorecard measuring club controllable execution metrics. The team will also be expected to use data and analysis to identify opportunities for improvement in club execution and liase with the rest of the Club Analytics team, Control Tower and other stakeholders to drive corrective actions. The Analyst will report to the Club Analytics Lead.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Own data collection and team with other analysts to publish the new club scorecard each month (including Chain, Zone, Region, and Club views) via a push communication.
- Track and interpret performance data and perform core analyses across their metrics to identify execution opportunities across Zones, Regions and Clubs, including
- Club opportunities based on scorecard controllable metrics
- Additional chain-wide opportunities based on metrics or processes not controlled by the club
- Support and participate in discussions between the Club Analytics team, functional VPs/SVPs and field leadership to discuss potential drivers of underperformance
- Collaborate with the other Analysts to highlight key trends across the chain
- Determine expected opportunity value of identified execution opportunities; partner with the Club Analytics team to prioritize execution opportunities by leveraging strong understanding of BJ’s club execution capabilities and processes
- Support the Senior Manager of Club Analytics:
- Share findings with the field and subject experts, and the Control Tower
- Gather function and field feedback to refine Club Analytics processes and improve scorecard effectiveness
- Track and measure improvement against action plans (e.g. club improvement on target metrics) and share results with the field, subject experts and the Control Tower to drive accountability
- Conduct ad-hoc SWAT analytics for EVPs & Control Tower
- Be a key point of analytical support for the field to help them understand the individual club, region, zone opportunities
- Coordinate with Finance and IT to manage central repository of repository of all reports that are generated for the field, including managing a repository in a central location on BJ’s Connect. Work with Home Office and Control tower to determine which reports should be stopped concurrent with scorecard launch
- 1-3 years of experience in retail finance. B.S. or B.A. in accounting or finance.
- Strong analytical background and business sense in order to understand drivers of club execution performance
- Data driven with an objective lens to view operational performance.
- Strong ability to synthesize data from multiple sources with varying formats. Expert user of Microsoft Excel, SAP and Access.
- Basic understanding of BJ’s club execution capabilities and processes to foresee potential execution opportunities and challenges
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop collaborative partnerships with peer analysts on the team, other peers from home office functions and the field
- Experience working in a retail domain is a strong plus.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.