BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Club Labor Manager, Capacity & Labor Standards Analysis
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Strategic data-driven manager to lead the planning process for 200+ BJ’s club locations, leveraging workforce management tools. Ensures that labor implications are modeled and vetted to drive the best financial outcome for the total company. Project manages and coordinates labor implications cross-functionally and monitors the labor impact of new initiatives rolled out to the field. Recalibrates the model or works with the training team to address gaps, as required.
- Manages the labor standards system for BJ’s Wholesale Club, ensuring that standards feeding into the Work Force Management scheduling system are accurate and adjusted on a regular basis.
- Works with internal or external resources to track and measure new labor standards within the club environment to ensure that standards are ‘evergreen’, resulting in accurate allocation of payroll hours by club and by department.
- Works with Finance to set the aggregate club labor budget and based on labor standards, ensures that the correct amount of labor hours and dollars are allocated to each club, by department.
- Manages and fully understands the end-to-end process associated with StandardsPro, WFM and labor expense result in SAP. This position plays a critical role in providing thought leadership, planning, reporting and oversight for BJ’s club labor, from systems input to variance analysis.
- Ensure that standards in StandardsPro are current, accurate and that there is a confirmed end-to-end linkage between labor standards, operating procedures and job aids, and training.
- Creates meaningful management labor dashboards to understand variances of suggested forecast hours versus scheduled hours and actual results.
- Ensures that club labor spend is rigorously analyzed and reported on each month to identify outliers and prevent over-spend. This includes monitoring wage rates, part-time and full-time ratios, overtime usage, over and under-scheduling.
- Regularly assesses technology and system needs, recommending changes and adjustments
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or finance discipline required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Analysis, Business Analysis, Labor Process Analysis, Labor Planning or Labor Capacity required.
- Experience with SAP, Workforce Management Systems (Empower or Kronos) and Labor Standards Management systems, such as StandardsPro. Very comfortable with IT systems, strong knowledge of complete Microsoft Office suite, with near-expert level Excel skills.
- Ability to understand and develop constructive partnerships with functional business partners on a day-to-day basis and ability to negotiate with business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Clear and effective communication, attention to detail, ability to process information with high-levels of accuracy.
- Ability to manage high volume of work, multiple tasks, meet project timelines
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.