There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function require various nurse licensure and certification based on role and grade level. Licensure includes
CNA / CMA, depending on grade level, with current unrestricted licensure in applicable state. Positions this function include CNA / CMA roles responsible for overseeing and participating in day to day clinical care of patients.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the patient
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Current and unrestricted CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) or CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) and will need to obtain licensure in the states being serviced (MN, MO, GA, LA)
- 1+ year of experience in hospital, acute care, medical clinic or direct care environment
- Ability to utilize a Windows PC and learn new applications easily
- Must have a designated work space within the home that will be secluded and away from distractions
- Availability to work Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM in local time zone
- Must reside within a commutable distance to Atlanta, GA or Maryland Heights, MO
- Experience in a physician's office environment
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records
- Previous experience in a telephonic customer service role or making / answering calls with regard to healthcare
- Bilingual English and Spanish
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: CNA, CMA, nurse, medical, customer service, healthcare, UHG, Optum, Atlanta, Maryland Heights, MO, GA