Job ID 39256
Position Location US-VA-Staunton
Facility Name Staunton, Envoy of
Job Category CNA
Position Status FT (Full Time)
CNA Training Course Available
Course Starts October 16th, 2018
Consulate Health Care is sponsoring the class fees for student candidates looking for an opportunity to become a Nurse Aide who will provide superior care to our residents in our Long Term Care Nursing Facilities.
We are accepting applications and scheduling interviews *.*
We are looking for compassionate employees with ability to talk with and listen to patients/ residents. These people are often sick, scared, in pain, confused, sad, lonely and experiencing very stressful situations. A listening ear and a hand to hold can often make a world of difference in someone’s day and life!
This is a physically demanding job. The principles and techniques will prepare students to enter the workforce. Speed and organization will come with orientation and mentorship at one of our Consulate Health Care facilities.Consulate Health Care will pay the cost of your class fees and examination.
Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of "Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands" that really make the difference. From visiting with our patients while they eat, to pulling up the sheets to just the right height, our employees care for patients like family, not because it’s their job, but because it’s their calling.
Successful completion of this course prepares you take the Florida Nurse Aide Competency Exam and enroll in the nurse aide registry for Florida.
Pre-qualifications completed at our Consulate Health Care locations
- Must be 18 years old
- Physical: Must be no older than one year from the class start date
- PPD Test (Two-Step Tuberculin Test): Must be administered and results read within one year of the start of the class.
- Criminal History Record Information
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Report: Required if you have not been a resident of Pennsylvania for the past two years, or if you have been convicted of prohibitive offense outside of PA.
- Influenza Vaccine
- Identification (ID): You must bring two forms of identification
- Purchase all-white uniforms or white scrubs, white shoes and socks, a watch with a secondhand, notebook, a pen and pencil and a highlighter.
Student Class Room Requirements
MANDATORY ATTENDANCE: The first 24 hours of program time is mandatory. Failure to report at any time during the first 24 program class hours will result in an immediate dismissal from the program.
Students must complete the total of 120 hours to receive a certificate of completion.
- Clothing: Solid white uniform or white scrubs
- Undergarments: Appropriate to style of uniform.
- Shoes/Socks: Clean, white and polished; clinical, low-heel, non-skid soles or clinical-style sneaker (no heel strap). No clogs or canvas shoes, sandals, stacked heels, open-toe or open-heel shoes. Clean, white shoestrings. Socks must be white calf-length or, if wearing a white dress uniform, white nylons.
- Sweaters (not required) *:* If you wish to wear a sweater, it must be a washable and cotton, button-down sweater that is not baggy. Acceptable colors are white, navy blue, gray or black. Hoodies arenotacceptable attire.
- Fingernails: Natural nails must be no longer than 1/8 inch. No artificial nails or artificial nail products may be worn (for example, no tips, jewelry, overlays, wraps, etc.).
- Jewelry, tattoos and piercings: A smooth, plain ring may be worn. Earrings may not dangle below earlobe (a limit of two earrings per ear). A spacer must be worn if ear lobes are stretched. A clear/flesh colored retainer must be inserted for any visible body piercings. Do not wear bracelets, necklaces or visible body rings. Visible tattoos must be covered.
- Wristwatch: A wristwatch is mandatory and must have a second hand.
- Personal hygiene: Take a daily bath or shower
- Supplies: Bring a notebook, pen, pencil, highlighter and a bag lunch for the first day of class.
- Study Time: Please be prepared to set aside time to study. Recommended time for studying is 30 minutes for every hour of class. For example, for a seven hour class day, expect to study for three and a half hours that evening.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients