First Transit is actively seeking experienced CNG/Hybrid Bus Technicians! $2,000 Sign-On Bonus & $2,000 Employee Referral Bonus!
First Transit is actively seeking experienced CNG/Hybrid Bus Technicians for servicing DC Circulator Metro-Transit Buses – a fleet of hybrid & fully electric vehicles in WASHINGTON, DC.
Who We Are: First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus & $2,000 Employee Referral Bonus! Conditions apply.
- Competitive wages starting at $27-$31/hour based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- ASE testing and training materials provided!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plans.
- A great work environment!
Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Inspecting, Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately and timely using an IPAD.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating and signing off on completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Electric Transit Bus Technician Requirements:
- Technical Training Preferred
- 3-5 years of direct diesel / electric bus repair experience - Transit bus experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License; Have the ability to obtain CDL with P Endorsement
- Must possess appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Must be able to work hours and shifts assigned.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification strongly preferred
- Must be punctual with an emphasis on your attendance.
- All candidates are subject to pre-employment drug testing, DOT physical, and an extensive criminal background check.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE ABILITY TO:
- Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects, or equipment above shoulder level without assistance.
- Move up and down stairs easily.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
For more information, please contact us at: 202.567.3040
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
First Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; and submit to a drug screen, DOT physical and background check
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.