Join the First Transit team as CNG Technician!
Servicing transit buses for LA Dash (East Washington Blvd. LA)
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and certifications + ASE bonus money!
- Union shop
- ASE training & testing materials provided
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan, and more.
- A great work environment!
CNG Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
CNG Mechanic requirements:
- Technical Training Preferred
- Valid driver's license; ability to obtain CDL B - We train!
- Minimum 3 years of direct diesel /CNG repair experience required; Transit bus experience preferred
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Excellent communication skills
- ASE Certifications are preferred. Must obtain ASEs within first year of employment.
- All candidates subject to pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer