At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Cards & Retail Services team helps customers achieve their financial dreams by providing a variety of products across the credit spectrum. We deliver industry-leading rewards, offers and benefits that recognize and celebrate our customers' relationship with Wells Fargo. Our customers all have unique goals and dreams - whether preparing for a home improvement project, shopping for a new sofa or kitchen table or meeting healthcare and dental needs. Others just want a financial tool that allows them to make everyday purchases while earning rewards. Our team works together with groups across the company, including the bankers in our 6,200 banking stores, to provide financing in the form of general-purpose cards, co-branded cards and private-label and industry cards. Our team is 6,700 strong, working in communities across the nation, and focused on doing our very best to help our customers succeed financially.
This newly created leader position will be responsible for all sales and new business development strategies as it relates to the expansion and growth of the co-branded credit card portfolio. This leader will direct and manage the development of the co-brand card sales strategy, build and manage the active co-brand deal pipeline and create related sales and business development collateral. He or she will manage and lead all sales and business development related activities including sales calls, coordinating internal partners around RFP responses & managing key external relationships across the industry.
A Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Subject Matter Credibility - create a solid foundation for building and integrating enterprise-wide project, program, and portfolio management capabilities. This individual will bring extensive experience in cross line of business project and portfolio governance, execution, monitoring, and management, including financial planning. Experience leading enterprise-wide initiatives and large/complex projects.
- Leadership – a strong organizational leader who can attract, develop, train, and retain a high-performing and diverse team and be comfortable leading in an environment of both direct and matrixed reports. Build credibility with line and staff executives in the project and portfolio management space, which is highly visible in the organization.
- Influencing Skills – a proven ability as an effective and compelling communicator in both meeting room and large audience settings. Take complex and controversial subjects and bring clarity and ultimately consensus. One who operates in a highly collaborative, results-orientated manner.
- Strategic Thinking, Creativity and Implementation – thinks strategically and creatively about business problems, breaks down problems and presents solutions while evaluating the pros and cons of each option. Identifies business opportunities by delivering thoughtful analysis with strong logical thinking. Thinks in new innovative ways about problems and issues and develops/ implements creative solutions to business problems.
- Change Agent – A transformational leader with conviction and is able to be a change agent helping others to adopt and implement new strategies within a large, complex matrixed organization. Ability to drive change with own team and proven success influencing change with partners. Included will be the shift from traditional delivery methods to iterative as the businesses delivery next generation digital solutions.
*** We prefer the posted locations but will consider candidates in other hub locations
- 15+ years of sales experience, marketing experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Contract negotiation and pricing experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to build business cases
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience in financial/credit card services
- Strong working knowledge of cobrand card industry
- Proven track record in leading sales and new business development teams
- Ability to build effective external relationships and influence key decision makers
- Experience in complex deal evaluation processes and client negotiations
- Previous experience navigating through request or proposals (RFPs) or request for information (RFI) process
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Ability to identify innovative co-brand relationships
- Flexible/Adaptable while being able to focus on other credit card strategies when business needs arise
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.