Provide expedient, courteous cocktail service to lounge or bar guests.
- Ensure the guests are courteously greeted, orders placed properly and expediently served.
- Inform guests of any beverage specials, and constantly up-selling beverage orders.
- Request proper identification of guests who appear to be under the age of thirty.
- Enforce Xanterra South Rim, National Park Service, Arizona State and any other applicable liquor laws regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Strictly adhere to TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) program at all times in the serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Bring any TIPS related issues with guests to the immediate attention of the bartender working lead or Unit Service Manager.
- Proper and efficient use of the Aloha POS system in ordering beverages and keeping voids and mis-orders to an absolute minimum.
- Describe drink recipes when requested by the guests.
- Clear and bus tables as guests leave, maintaining sanitation and cleanliness levels of the seating area.
- Attend all company-sponsored liquor training classes.
- Manage own bank for beverage sales including credit cards, cash and room charges.
- Complete opening and closing shift side duties.
- Assist bartender in garnishing drinks as necessary.
- Place and serve food orders from bar menu.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous cocktail, food & beverage server or dining room experience.
- Ability to professionally and graciously enforce TIPS program and other related liquor laws to guests.
- Ability to learn liquor brands, beer, wines, and recipes.
- Good verbal communication skills to professionally interact with a broad cross-section of guests.
- Ability to pass TIPS training program.
- Ability to accurately handle sales and effectively use the Aloha POS
- Ability to stand for long periods of time during shift.
- Must be at least 19 years of age in compliance with Arizona state liquor laws.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.