Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated, Inpatient Coder to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Inpatient Coder will be responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate (i.e., to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-10-CM and PCS codes for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance).
Under the direction of Health Information Management, the successful candidate must be able to accurately code conditions and procedures for complex Inpatient and Surgery accounts or code two or more outpatient types at an expert lever, per the Coding Guidelines.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated exceptional inpatient coding and surgery coding proficiency.
Your day to day role will include:
- Thoroughly reviews all documentation in the medical record and assigns codes for all diagnoses, treatments, and procedures according to the appropriate classification system for inpatient/outpatient encounters.
- Reviews physician assigned diagnosis code after thorough review of the medical record and, if necessary, queries physician for additional clarity in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of modifiers, HCPCS and denial handling.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional inpatient coding and surgery coding proficiency.
- Able to accurately abstract information from the medial records into the abstract system, according to established guidelines.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association(AHIMA) and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Able to successfully remedy coding edits in ePARS; enters and validates codes, charges and other edits flagged in EPARS.
- Consistently meets all productivity and quality metrics.
- Minimum of RHIA, RHIT, and/or CCS credential.
- Minimum of 3 years inpatient coding and/or auditing experience.
R1 RCM (R1) is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
About R1 RCM:
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.