DescriptionThe Coding Educator 2 identifies opportunities to improve provider documentation and creates an education plan tailored to each assigned provider. The Coding Educator 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Coding Educator 2 reviews medical records and arranges educational sessions with providers aimed at quality of care and documentation improvements. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- AAPC or AHIMA Coding Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of coding experience
- Familiar with coding guidelines (i.e. ICD-9/ICD-10)
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Problem solve complex issues
- Guide business and leadership in process improvement
- Valid driver's license with ability to travel up to 75% of time in the state of Florida with possible overnight stays
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Health related Field
- Familiar with Regulatory Agency guidelines (i.e. CMS, AHCA) and/or MRA coding experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40