DescriptionThe Coding Educator 2 identifies opportunities to improve provider documentation and creates an education plan tailored to each assigned provider. The Coding Educator 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Coding Educator 2 reviews medical records and arranges educational sessions with providers aimed at quality of care and documentation improvements. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Associate's Degree
- AAPC or AHIMA Coding Certification
- Strong understanding of ICD-10/HCC coding principles
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow up skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Problem solve complex issues
- Guide business and leadership in process improvement
- Medical record review knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous experience educating providers
Scheduled Weekly Hours40